I developed a quick obsession with California Pizza Kitchen from the moment I first dined in the restaurant. John and I frequented CPK and fell in love with their BBQ chicken pizza, until we figured out that we could easily make it at home for ourselves.
We’ve experimented with multiple crusts (Naan bread, Boboli, fresh dough from the store), but just this past weekend we tried Pillsbury’s thin pizza crust in a can and it was so amazing I felt obligated to share the recipe!
What you’ll need:
-Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce
-Shredded cheese (I prefer a five cheese blend)
-1 can Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
-1 medium red onion, chopped
-1 lb chicken tenders
- Coat chicken tenders with BBQ sauce (to your liking) and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Grill chicken (or cook on a George Foreman) until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop onion and saute until golden brown. Preheat oven according to package instructions for the pizza crust (the Pillsbury crust requires a 5 minute prebake).
- Once the chicken is cooked and your pizza crust is done prebaking, remove the crust from the oven and coat to your liking with BBQ sauce. Add cheese, chicken and red onion.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven, slice, and enjoy!