Today I am thrilled to introduce you to the lovely Maria who blogs over at kitchen/closet/heart. If you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to check out her blog. Her blog definitely lives up to it’s name and is full of tasty recipes, amazing fashion and beauty tips and, of course, plenty of posts about love that come from the heart. As her contribution to twenty-something travel week, Maria will be showing you her essential beauty products for travel. Enjoy!
So, you’re stealing away for a trip? Lucky you! While vacations are always a relaxing break away from the hustle-and-bustle of every day life, packing for them can be a total headache. What do you mean I can’t bring 12 tubes of lipsticks and my entire skincare regimen? Are you insane?! Don’t worry, dollies. With a little smart packing, you can be beautiful without parting with your favorite looks. Here’s what I like to bring along when I’m going out of town:
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Shampoo: Do you hear that? It’s an angelic choir singing the hallelujah chorus because Oribe’s dry shampoo is a miracle. It’s perfect for those moments when you don’t have time for a full shampoo-and-style session. Plus, it comes in this travel-friendly size. You can have your cake and eat it too!
- Trish McEvoy Luxe Moisture Balm SPF 15: I don’t understand how anyone a) doesn’t moisturize daily and b) leaves the house without a lick of SPF on their face. It’s so important to keep yourself hydrated and protected, especially when you’re out in the sun on your vacay. Trish McEvoy’s moisture balm comes in a handy dispenser, so you have no excuse to not slather it on.
- NARS American Dream Eye Shadow Palette: Ever reach into your makeup bag and think “Damn, I wish I would have brought that shadow shade.” Not anymore! NARS’ palette has a color for every situation under the sun, including a chocolate brown that can be used as an eyeliner.
- Becca Mini Brush Set: Leave all your brushes at home. Seriously, they take up so much space and you always wind up forgetting one. This brush set from beck has every brush you could ever need. And when I’m not traveling, I keep it in my purse and leave the big guys at home.
- Lancôme La vie set belle body lotion: While a rollerball of your favorite perfume is a travel essential, my perfume doesn’t come in one (step your game up, Lancôme!) If your fragrance is also anti-rollerball, pack the body lotion instead. You’ll get your scent without lugging the big bottle around.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Le Orange: A bold lip is always a good look, but it can be tough to choose which one to take along. YSL’s Le Orange hue looks just as good for a day of shopping as it does for a romantic dinner with your honey. Swipe it on for a pulled-together look that’s easy to pull off.