Can you believe it’s already October? This year has flown by and it’s hard to believe that in a mere two weeks John and I will be on our cruise in the Bahamas. Since Fall is one of my favorite seasons, I want to make the most of it this year by creating a fall bucket list. I was inspired by Champagne Dreams, Boxed Wine Budget and pretty little things to put this list together, so thanks ladies!
- Visit a haunted house. To this day, I have never been to a haunted house for Halloween but have always wanted to go. I want to make it happen this year!
- Carve pumpkins with John and decorate our house for Halloween. We carved pumpkins together last year and had a blast but I still have never decorated my own place for Halloween. We already bought a light up spider to hang outside so I’m excited to find some more fun festive decorations!
- Try a pumpkin spice latte. I love pumpkin flavored or scented anything, so it’s pretty shocking that I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte.
- Read 5 new books. On my list: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Wild by Cheryl Strayed, Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner and The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan.
- Make a pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts, but I’ve never made it for myself. I’m a little baking challenged…so this could be interesting.
- Dress up for Halloween with John. We went with a bunch of friends last year as characters from the Wizard of Oz, so we have to think of something equally as good this year!
- Drink warm apple cider. We bought apple cider from Target the other day and it really got me in the fall mindset. John mentioned that he loves drinking it warm so I’ll have to try that this year (spiked, of course).
- Have a scary movie marathon. As scared as I get during horror movies, I love watching them. Now that I have a man to keep me safe at night I’m definitely going to have an all day scary movie marathon!
- Make our own Thanksgiving turkey. This is a huge goal, but since John and I won’t be able to get home for Thanksgiving this year I want to try to make a turkey on our own.
- Go to a pumpkin patch. Last year we picked our pumpkins from a local church parking lot (city living) so this year I’d love to visit a pumpkin patch.