Over the weekend, the lovely Anita from Typing with Tea nominated me for a blog award and I’m super excited to share it with you and also to share Anita’s blog! Typing with Tea is a fun fusion of travel and food as well as her life insights and the occasional mention of tea 🙂 What emerges is an incredibly enjoyable blog and I always look forward to reading about Anita’s insights and experiences. I encourage all of you to check out what Typing with Tea has to offer. Thank you Anita! Now, onto the award and the rules…
- Thank the nominee and link back to them in the post (see above)
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 (or so) bloggers you admire
- Contact them to let them know they’ve been nominated.
So I have an incredibly difficult time coming up with random facts, I always hated the first day of school or any function for that matter in which the teacher/instructor/person in charge made everyone go around the room and say their name and a fun fact. I always default to my token fun fact “I’ve never broken a bone or been to the hospital” but I already used that one for a previous award so unfortunately it looks like I have to really dig deep in my mind to come up with something for you today! Here goes:
- I’m really afraid of lizards. I’m talking about the gecko kind that run around super fast and whose tails fall off if you step on them. John is convinced they belong in the house and can eat any bugs that come in, I’m convinced they will crawl on my face and terrorize me while I sleep.
- I am such a goodie two-shoes. Always the voice of reason in a group of friends when people want to do something rebellious. Trying to be more adventurous..trying. 🙂
- I can’t rollerskate, rollerblade, anything. When you put wheels on my shoes it just isn’t pretty…I’m a total klutz!
- I really enjoy baked goods or sweets of any kind, but can’t make them to save my life. Making John’s Red Velvet birthday cake from scratch was probably one of the most amazing accomplishments of my life to date.
- Without my glasses, I could easily pass for 16 years old. I know I will be thankful for my youthful appearance one day…
- I’m really obsessed with Showtime’s Dexter. I think I might have mentioned this in a previous award post but it deserves 2 mentions anyway. I don’t know what I am going to do when the show is over…probably cry.
- I’m super in love with chocolate. I can’t have it in the house because I’ll devour it all in one sitting. Chocolate is definitely the key to my heart. 🙂
Now we get on to the good stuff where I nominate my favs. Below are blogs I read regularly. Some people have morning coffee and a newspaper, I have yogurt and blogs. I’m going to refrain from nominating 15 because I think that’s just too many and I want to keep this award special!
- The Glossy Life – if you haven’t checked out Alyssa’s amazing blog, do it now. Not only is she a recipe wizard but she’ll also give you insights on stealing celeb style! Her blog is easily one of my favorite reads, and as a plus she’s a total sweetie.
- The State Street Edit – Jessica’s blog is so fun to read, not only because it’s incredibly well written and she relates her fashion posts effortlessly to her own personal experience, but also because she’s so relatable. She makes fashion and trends seem easy and affordable and she’s also a great photographer!
- Crazy Style Love – Jenny is a true fashionista. She’s got a wicked wardrobe I’d love to raid and her shoes always make me jealous! I love checking out her daily looks for inspiration. Seriously, try going to her blog and NOT pinning something you see, I dare you.
- Still being [molly] – Molly is one of the most personable bloggers I’ve “met” in the blogosphere and she’s so gosh darn hilarious! Her blog is super entertaining and I love getting to see snippets of her life and amazing fashion sense.
- Amazing Grapes – Emily’s blog is fantastic. I stumbled upon it one day and have been a loyal follower ever since. She shares her life experiences and thoughts in a way that makes you feel like you’re talking to a good friend and she also tells things like they are, no sugar coating! If you’re looking for a great personal blog, look no further.