The lovely Michelle from Fierce & Fashionable nominated my blog for the Leibster Award. Check out her blog — not only is she super sweet but she also has everything on her blog from fashion to travel (and a recent genius pizza bagel recipe). Thanks Michelle!
The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
You guys already know how I feel about fun facts so I’m going to skip that part of this post (don’t hate me) but here are the answers to Michelle’s questions as well as a list for my nominees to answer!
10 Questions from Fierce and Fashionable:
- If you had to move to another country tomorrow, which would you pick & why? This is a tough one so I’m going to be broad. Anywhere secluded and tropical where I can survive off of ocean views, reading and drinking fruity cocktails. Mom, you can come with me (you too, John).
- What is your favorite Fall fashion item from this year? Definitely anything oxblood, but it’s a toss up between that and leopard loafers. They’re both must haves!
- Why did you start a blog? I’ve always loved writing, but never tried doing it for myself creatively. I started reading blogs and thought to myself “hmm, I can totally do this” so I decided to start. Over the past few months I’ve been overwhelmed by all of the amazing blogs and people I’ve encountered, it’s such a great community.
- Who is your favorite singer/band right now? My favorite band is, and probably always will be, Muse. They’re coming to Orlando soon and I’m so excited to hopefully see them in concert for a second time.
- What food are you obsessed with? Mexican. Nothing makes me happier than chicken fajitas (or chimichangas, or burritos, or quesadillas) and a margarita.
- What was the coolest trip you’ve ever taken? The coolest trip was definitely Europe, but I was young and consequently don’t remember a lot of it. The most memorable would be a family trip to Tybee Island, GA a few years back. My boyfriend tagged along and it was so awesome for my family to get to know him better and spend time with us both.
- If you won a $1,000 shopping spree, what store would you spend it in?
J. Crew. I never shop there, because I just don’t have the money. But I always LOVE everything they have and would love to just walk in and buy everything in sight.
- Would you rather get a massage, your hair styled or your nails done? A massage. I have serious back issues and am usually experiencing some form of pain, so I never say no to a massage.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? I’d like to have some cute and fun story about it but honestly coming up with a blog name was next to impossible for me. I knew it had to reflect me, as well as be broad enough to cover a variety of things (fashion, travel, life and love lessons). I asked myself, who am I? I was trying to be super deep and meaningful (this did not work). Then “twenty-something” just popped into my head. And that was that.
- What is one random fact about you that few people know? This is my go-to fun fact anytime someone asks me this question: I’ve never broken a bone or been to the hospital. Fascinating, I know..
- Name 5 things off of your “Bucket List”I don’t have a life long bucket list, but I DO have a 20 before 25 list. Here are my 5 favorite/most significant things on it:
- Go ice skating (because I know this will make John very happy, and I love that he challenges me to try new things everyday)
- Make money off of my photography
- Go hiking/camping with my little sister
- Learn to handle/shoot a gun
10 Questions for the nominees:
- What quote or phrase do you live by?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could meet one fictional TV character who would it be and why?
- You can raid the closet of any celebrity (fictional or real) – who would you choose?
- Team Edward, Team Jacob, or Team Christian Grey? (I had to)
- What’s your cocktail of choice for girls night out?
- You’re on a deserted island and can only bring 3 things with you – what are they?
- Name one trend you love but are too scared to try.
- If you could go back and offer a younger version of yourself advice, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite aspect of blogging?